Through Basic Needs Services individuals and families in crisis are able to avert the crisis at hand:
- 247 Households were able to find new housing or remain in their homes who were homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
- 231 Households were able to stay warm during the cold winter months and keep the lights on.
- 9,029 Households received a nutritionally balanced supply of food for three days to feed their families, including fresh produce.
- 16,150 Individuals received help with transportation to be able to attend key appointments for medical needs, additional services, and employment opportunities.
“Thank you so much for my winter coat. I didn’t know what I was going to do.”
~Turning Point Client
Support and Development
Through Support and Development Services
- 54 Households received Fresh Farmacy services in 2018.
- 585 Households were prescreened for SNAP and 262 received SNAP benefits to further stabilize their financial situation through NOEP application assistance.
- 205 K-12th Grade Students began the 2018 school year fully prepared with backpacks full of school supplies, without embarrassment.
- 155 Families increased money management skills through financial stability budgeting sessions.
- 1,327 People accessed Health Insurance through Fidelis Care, an on-site partner organization.
- 887 Individuals received Patient Activation Measurement assessments and peer counseling to foster better access to health care.