Bath Community Child Day Care Center
Learning activities are designed to promote growth in cognitive, language, literacy, motor, social and emotional development. Recreational activities include plenty of outside play, arts and crafts , computers and summer field trips for school age children.
- 100% of children (birth to 5 years old) are screened for developmental delays or disabilities.
- 100% of children (birth to 5 years old) served achieve developmental milestones.
- 100% of children (birth to 8 years old) served achieve social and emotional milestones and/or improvement.
- 100% of children (birth to preK) participate in developmental play and learning experiences, including literacy activities.
- 100% of children (birth to preK) are reading with or being read to by an adult on a regular basis.
- 100% of children (K through 3rd grade) participate in developmental play and learning experiences, including literacy activities.
- 100% of early childhood staff receive relevant training and/or credentials to provide quality programs and services to children served.
Healthy Families Steuben
Healthy Families promotes optimal health practices as demonstrated by the following results.
- 100% of children were connected to a medical provider.
- 100% of parents were connected to a medical provider.
- 100% of children were up to date with recommended immunizations at 1 year of age.
- 100% were assessed for the risk of lead exposure.
- 59% of families entered the program prenatally. It has been demonstrated that there is a 48% reduction in low birth weight deliveries among women enrolled in Healthy Families before the 31st week of pregnancy. Additionally, there is a cost savings, for each $1,000 spent by Healthy Families to serve a family during pregnancy, 100% of the cost is completely recovered before the child’s birth due to the reduction in low weight births (low birth weights often bring serious health complications).
Healthy Families supports positive parent-child bonding and relationships.
- 60% of families had fathers engaged in home visits.
- At age 2, mothers participating in Healthy Families home visits were more likely to endorse appropriate limit setting strategies with their child.
- At age 3, mothers participating in Healthy Families home visits were more likely to use parenting strategies that stimulated the child’s cognitive skills while demonstrating increased sensitivity to the child’s needs and cues.
- At age 7, mothers participating in Healthy Families home visits were more likely to use non-violent discipline.
Healthy Families helps to enhance family self-sufficiency.
- 80% of families were employed, or enrolled in an educational or job training program by the time their child was one year of age.
Healthy Families promotes child development.
- 100% of families received the benefits of child development curriculum and activities during home visits.
- 328 developmental screenings were completed.
Supportive Home And Parent Enrichment – SHAPE
Across the three county region where service provision takes place, Allegany, Steuben, and Yates, SHAPE has helped to improve parenting skills in approximately 90% of the at-risk families served, 10 percentage points above our goal. Improved parenting skills lead to reduced risk factors and positive changes that lead to optimal child and family health, development, and safety. Some of the positive changes that parents have demonstrated include the following:
- Appropriate use of discipline when parenting
- Providing for basic needs such as good nutrition and health care
- Improvements in parent-child bonding and relationships
Therapeutic Foster Care
60% of the youth served successfully achieved permanency goals either through reunification with family, relatives or alternatives including adoption. Success means demonstration of positive parent-child bonding taking place, increases in the child’s self-esteem, increases in positive behavioral skills and confidence, and demonstration of children and families connecting with the necessary services to ensure future success.