- Health and Development
- Infant Care
- Positive Parent/Child Relationships and Appropriate Discipline
- Family Nutrition
- Home Safety
- Everyday Problem Solving
- Connecting to Doctors and Other Services
Healthy Families Steuben is funded through a grant by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services, along with the United Way of the Southern Tier. Catholic Charities of Steuben and the Institute for Human Services collaborate to provide this program locally.
Healthy Families promotes optimal health practices as demonstrated by the following results.
- 100% of children were connected to a medical provider.
- 100% of primary parents were connected to a medical provider.
- 97% of children were up to date with recommended immunizations at 1 year of age.
- 100% were assessed for the risk of lead exposure.
- 67% of families entered the program prenatally. It has been demonstrated that there is a 48% reduction in low birth weight deliveries among women enrolled in Healthy Families before the 31st week of pregnancy.
Healthy Families supports positive parent-child bonding and relationships.
- 69% of families had fathers engaged in home visits.
- At age 2, mothers participating in Healthy Families home visits were more likely to endorse appropriate limit setting strategies with their child.
- At age 3, mothers participating in Healthy Families home visits were more likely to use parenting strategies that stimulated the child’s cognitive skills while demonstrating increased sensitivity to the child’s needs and cues.
- At age 7, mothers participating in Healthy Families home visits were more likely to use non-violent discipline.
Healthy Families helps to enhance family self-sufficiency.
- 81% of families were employed, or enrolled in an educational or job training program by the time their child was one year of age.
Need to Know
Locations and Contact Information
Healthy Families Addison Office
13 Community Drive
Addison, NY 14801
Healthy Families Bath Office
36 East Morris Street
Bath, NY 14810
Healthy Families Administrative and Hornell Offices
6251 County Route 64
Hornell, NY 14843
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Home visits are made by appointment.
Free for new and expectant parents in Steuben County.
How To Enroll
If you are pregnant or have a child under 3 months old, call one of our three offices.