Through Basic Needs Services individuals and families in crisis are able to avert the crisis at hand. In 2015:
- 239 Households were able to find new housing or remain in their homes who were homeless or at risk of becoming homelessness.
- 363 Households were able to stay warm during the cold winter months and keep the lights on.
- 9143 Households received a nutritionally balanced supply of food for 3 days to feed their families.
“Thank you so much for my winter coat. I didn’t know what I was going to do.”
~Turning Point Client
Support and Development
Through Support and Development Services
- 380 Households were able to find additional support to further stabilize their financial situation through SNAP (Food Stamp) application assistance.
- 482 K-12th grade students were able to begin the new school year fully prepared with backpacks full of school supplies – without embarrassment.
- 1000 households received weatherization kits that helped to make their homes warmer and more energy efficient.
- 337 Families improved financial stability by gaining increased money management skills through financial stability counseling and budgeting sessions.