Steuben County Council on Addictions
As a result of Steuben Council on Addictions’ science and research-based education and programming:
- 85% of adult participants have increased awareness and knowledge about alcohol, drug, and other substance use issues.
- 85% of youth enrolled report engaging in positive decision making that leads to improved, responsible, and healthy behaviors especially in the targeted areas of: substance use/abuse, sexual activity, bullying, and criminal behavior.
- Prevention Education programs took place in 10 of 13 school districts in Steuben County.
- 25% of adults have abided by treatment plans and have adjusted their lifestyles to support sobriety.
Bath Area Hope for Youth
88% of students enrolled in Bath Area Hope for Youth’s individual and small-group prevention counseling program demonstrated:
- Measurable reductions in student behavior problems
- Increased school attendance
- Improved academic performance
- Improved self-esteem
- Increased family connection
Community Residence and Supportive Living Programs
Improves critical physical and behavioral health outcomes among the Substance Use Disorder population in Steuben County, reducing hospital admissions. The following practices help this to
- Residents take an active role in their health, personal fitness, and well-being.
- 100% of residents link with primary health care providers within 7 days of admission for a physical and evaluation for continued care. Residents begin their journey to becoming an active participant in their own health care.
- 95% of residents comply with follow-up health care appointments. Residents gain understanding of the importance of following health care recommendations, this includes attending follow-up appointments.
- 100% of residents complete biometric scaling surveys specific to their diagnosed condition. This helps to ensure that residents gain understanding of their diagnosis, learn to self-monitor, and can report changes or concerns to their doctors.